The Dog Grocer Wild Caught Scads are small whole fish that are wild caught, not farmed. High in protein, omega 3 fatty acids, and vitamin B 12, whole fish are ideal additions to a raw diet at least thrice a week. The small whole fish are individually quick frozen. This allows easy separation of individual fish in the bag which can be added to the rest of the meat-based meal while keeping fish and meats separately. This is ideal to prevent breaking down of thiamine in meats due to the natural presence of enzyme thiaminase in most fishes.
Wild Caught Scad
- Guaranteed wild caught, not farmed
- Ozone washed before deep freezing
- Individual quick frozen for easy portioning
- Easy to keep separate from meat based meals to prevent breakdown of thiamine
- Date of freezing indicated on packaging (recommended for at least 3 weeks of freezing at -18 degrees Celsius before raw feeding)
Country of Origin
All frozen meats and seafoods are packaged in food grade home compostable packaging.